Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 at 17:00 PM

Dartford: Report

FC Halifax Town failed to topple 10-men Dartford in a drab affair at The Shay.

It finished 0-0 in a game of few chances on what was a frustrating afternoon for the home side. Lee Burns was sent off after 18 minutes after he brought down Richard Peniket as the last defender.

There were few talking points after that, however, as The Shaymen failed to find a killer instinct in front of goal. Matty Pearson tested Ibrahim from range and Peniket grazed the top of the bar from a free kick but there was little to shout about for the home support.

Neil Aspin started the game with almost a 4-2-4 formation. Peniket, Scott Boden, Danny Hattersley and Jack Muldoon all started for Town. However, despite the attacking line-up, they just couldn't create anything clear cut enough to give them what would have been a vital three points.

Danny Hattersley drilled wide after ten minutes following good link up play between Muldoon and Boden.

Following a few half chances for Muldoon and Boden the score remained 0-0 but it was on the 18th minute that the games main talking point happened. Boden played a perfectly weighted ball through the middle to Peniket who was clean through on goal. In a last-ditch attempt to stop the attack, Lee Burns dived in and was judged to have fouled Peniket. As Burns was the last man, the referee was left with no choice but to dismiss the Dartford skipper.

From that point you felt that Halifax were always going to go on and win it but the final ball was always lacking. Despite dominating possession, the home side never created anything clear cut.

Jamie Jackson, Lois Maynard and Will Hatfield were all introduced in the second half but to no avail as Town struggled to produce an attacking threat against 10 men.

There were even less incidents of note in the last 45. Pearson drilled from distance with his left foot and it was well parried by Deren Ibrahim and Danny Schofield saw his late free kick whistle over the bar.

The goalless draw means Halifax are now without a win and without a goal in 3 as they struggle to take advantage of the games in hand on their closest rivals. They travel to Aldershot on Tuesday night and will be hoping to improve on this performance.

    Latest Match Reports