Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 at 16:45 PM

Town Lose 2-0......

FC Halifax Town fell to only their second defeat of the season away at Forest Green following two first half goals from James Norwood and Jon Parkin to give the home side a 2-0 victory.

The first chance of the game fell to the home. A well worked move resulted in a David Pipe Cross which missed all the bodies in the box, including fellow teammate Clovis Kamdjo who was inches from connecting with the ball.

James Norwood put the home side in front when he headed home at the back post from Sam Wedgbury cross.

Forest Green started to enjoy a good spell in the game with James Norwood and Jon Parking spear heading the attacking moves.

Their good spell was rewarded when Parkin was there to guide the ball past Matt Glennon into the bottom corner to put the home side two goals to the good.

The Shaymen struggled to get going in the game up until the later stages of the first half, Richard Peniket and Matt Pearson both going close with long range efforts.

Despite the long range efforts, The Shaymen couldn’t break down the Forest Green defence and the halftime whistle went at 2-0.

The Shaymen started the second half brightly, enjoying their best spell of the game by far. Town then had a goal ruled out when Simon Ainge’s header was disallowed for a foul in the box.

Norwood had the home side’s first chance when he was through on goal but Marc Roberts put in a last ditch tackle to stop him in his tracks.

Matt Glennon was then sprung into action when he was forced into a good save from Clovis Kamdjo’s shot inside the area.

Richard Peniket came close with 20 minutes to go when his glancing header went just wide of the far post.

Peniket was again in amongst the action, and was presented with the best chance of the half when he found himself unmarked in the area but couldn’t get his header on target.

The Shaymen carried on the plug away but they couldn’t find that bit extra they needed in the final third. Scott Boden had a late chance into injury time, but his effort was blocked from close range. 

A much better second half performance from The Shaymen wasn’t enough as the first half goals proved to be enough to see Forest Green leave with all three points. Today was the first game this season that Town haven’t scored in.

Up next for Neil Aspin’s men is a tricky home game against Grimsby Town on Tuesday night as they look to get back to winning ways.

Attendance 1005(126 FCHT fans)

My Man of the Match: Richard Peniket

    Latest Match Reports